Understanding Children’s Emotions
At RMPS our approach to therapy is grounded in the latest research about the brain and nervous system. We firmly believe the first step to better functioning is helping individuals regulate their mind, body, and emotions. As children often do not have the capability to express themselves through words, it is up to the child psychologist to apply specialized skills to understand the child’s experience, feelings, and perspective.
At Rocky Mountain Psychological Services, our mission is to:
- Improve the psychological health of all who engage with us,
- Support our clients through the process of healing, living enriched lives, and create awareness of how the mind works,
- Foster the body-mind connection, and authentic relationships with self and others,
- Promote and improve the psychological health and well-being of our clients, as well as our staff, and
- Ensure those that engage with us leave better off — with more skills, understanding, and self-awareness to live fulfilled lives for this generation and generations to come.